Monday, September 28, 2009

Dos Meses Dia

Well here I am, dos meses en Chile. Wow. Let me highlight a few events and milestones from Month Two (in no particular order).
  1. I felt a couple minor earthquakes. I used to think it would be fun to have everything shake a little bit, but it's actually a really uncomfortable feeling.
  2. I taught the lesson for Noche de Hogar (FHE) last week about Sabbath Observance.
  3. I said a comment in Relief Society. Ja. I knew we were talking about Baptisms for the Dead, and I really wanted to share a thought...and I did. I even think they understood me.
  4. I was asked to give the closing prayer for a Church activity on the spot. I nervously took the mic, and as I was speaking I made sure I said oportunidad with a round "o." I've never received hugs and high-fives after a prayer before, I felt like a million bucks.
  5. I REALLY learned that encouragement is oxygen to the soul, but in the end it's up to me to determine how much I like Spanish and learning. Quite the battle, but I'm learning how this attitude relates to every aspect of my life.

Two down, two and a half to go. I am excited for the lessons I will learn and for my Spanish to improve even more. Here I am doing one of my favorite things, practicing hymns at church keyboard.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you're ward organist! Congratulations! Isn't it nice to be needed?

    ReplyDelete