Sunday, August 30, 2009

I Love to See the Temple

On Friday I had the opportunity to travel go to the Santiago Temple with a Vina Ward and do Baptisms. It was a wonderful experience. I did the work for the bisabuela (great-grandmother) de mi padre y I got a very small taste of how much some people have to sacrifice to get to the Temple. The Denver Temple only 20 minutes away, and the Provo and Rexburg the Temples are within walking distance. We went to Santiago via bus, and it took two hours each way, so it's an all day commitment to go to the Temple (I was gone from 12:30 p.m. - 10:15 p.m.). I thoroughly enjoyed the Santiago Temple and I love that I felt the same way inside this Temple as I do others. The Church most certainly is true.



The Santiago, Chile Temple: a small, but beautiful Temple nonetheless.



Before and after pictures of the Ward . As you can see in the lack of sunlight in the second pic, it took a long time to do work for everyone in the group (and I was perfectly happy to spend so much time at the Temple).
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Dad and I were able to spend two nights in the temple hospice in Santiago when we were there. The whole temple "campus" has such a wonderful feel. You know that they house an MTC there. I am so glad that you were able to go. Your great adventure continues:)

    ReplyDelete