Sunday, August 9, 2009

Valpariso

Yesterday the Universidad de Vina del Mar took the International Students on a tour through Vina's neiboring city, Valpariso, or as the natives sometimes call it, Valpo. Our tour guide spoke in Spanish...so I know he was talking about the history and other things I'd love to know, but unfortunately all I was able to pick up on was a few words here and there. (Curse this language barrier!) We toured all over Valpo; everywhere from an underground tunnel elevator to a boat. Needless to say, it was a day full of fun and adventure (regardless of my utter lack of ability to understand my tour guide...)

Here I am with my Mormon friends; Holli, Emily, and John-Miguel. It's such a blessing to have people that you are able to make instant friends with!

There is so much to take in at Valpariso!

A typical Valpariso neighborhood.

The streets of Valpo.

This is an artist's interpretation of Valpariso from his mind. Up close it's like a bunch of lines and globs of paint; looks like Valpo to me!

Las tres amigas en el bote. Ahh.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. The boy looks like potential. I'm glad you have immediate friends. Soak it all up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valparaiso was once the biggest and most important port in South America. When they opened the Panama Canal, it cut into business for them. They are still very important, but just imagine the past when all the Spanish Galleons sat at that port. It's a very colorful metropolis. You look great:)

    Mom

    ReplyDelete