Thursday, May 9, 2013

Gradumacation

Surprised to see me back on here? Don't worry, that makes two of us. Just as a quick recap, I graduated from BYU-Idaho April 12 and have since moved down to Utah again.

Originally, I had no interest in attending graduating ceremonies. Like, at all. I always knew that I would gradate from college and it didn't seem like that big of a deal. That--and I thought walking meant sitting through hours of names being read and that simply didn't appeal. But at the insistence of Mom and Dad, I consented, and agreed to walk for them. Dare I say it, I actually enjoyed graduation. I've decided that it's important to celebrate the milestones in life, even if they've been expected. Graduating was no surprise for me, but it did involve a lot of work. Here are a few pics from the day:


Me and my roommate Jenna. She graduated in music and she's a total a gem. 

Mom and Dad were more excited about being there than I was, which made things more fun. 

 Meet Brother Judkins. He's the man. He nominated me for Newell K. Whitney award and said just about the nicest things anyone has every said about me. Like, ever. I took a visual media class from him back in 2008 and loved his sincerity and passion for teaching. I remember coming back from my mission and not only did he still recognize me, but he remembered my name and gave me a hug. He is good people. I took creating online media from Brother Judkins this past semester and it was HARD. We covered HTML, CSS, and PHP. It was a steep learning curve, but B. Judkins really worked with me and let me come into his office for private tutoring sessions. I will never forget Brother Judkins kindness and patience in helping me. Truly, he is a doer of the word, and for that I won't forget him and his powerful example. 



I took some time to look at my time at BYU-Idaho by the numbers. Here are just a few (believe me, I left quite a few things out) stats I posted online:

122 : BYU-I credits

104 : devotionals
53 : BYU-I classes
11 : campus buildings I’ve had classes in
8 : semesters
6 : housing complexes
5 : Rexburg winters (NEVER again)
2 : campus jobs
.5 : times I made flash cards (maybe)
0 : times I changed my major or minor
countless : quarters used for laundry, times I fell asleep in class, mornings in the Hart building, calls home, times I battled the “I really don’t want to write this paper” feeling, hours upon hours spent in the David O. McKay Library, someone telling me “things will work out” and they did

Thank you BYU–Idaho, it’s been a good run.


No comments:

Post a Comment