Sunday, May 19, 2013

Gail Carson Lavine Speaks

On Friday night, I drove down to Provo to hear Gail Carson Levine, author of Ella Enchanted speak. I went with Keri, Anne, Chelsea (Keri's sister), Kaitlin, and Amy (Kaitlin's friend). I really enjoyed it! See, years ago I went to a fourm at BYU-Idaho where Orson Scott Card, the author of Ender's Game, Ender's Shadow, and Pastwatch, spoke, and I hated it. Let's just say that he has a rather brash personality and it really rubbed me the wrong way. But it was actually quite fun to listen to  Mrs. Levine speak, she is good people. She talked about how and why she became a writer, and she also gave tips to aspiring writers. And gosh, I was flooded with memories of just how great Ella Enchanted is. Seriously, that book's a winner.

Me, Anne, and Keri proudly displaying copies of Ella Enchanted.

We were in Group A to get our books signed. Oh baby! -- AND look at how close we were to Gail, talk about a brush with fame!

Amy and Kaitlin reading in the beautiful Provo Public Library. Was this posed? Yes. Very.

No comments:

Post a Comment